Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Firsts

This was the oldest picture I have of me on Easter- could my dress have been any poofier or my legs any skinnier?? I wish that the latter was still an issue. I have very few memories of childhood Easters. My friends will tell you, when I do have a memory, I can recall every single detail- but childhood memories are sometimes few and far between.

I do remember always having massive Easter egg hunts with family which is a tradition we still carry on. Hill enjoyed a big hunt on Friday at our sweet Aunt Monk's house with all of "his girls" . He then went to the Ross Bridge hunt on Saturday morning which was just as much organized chaotic fun as last year- hence his covered ear stance. He had the most fun riding the train all morning with Wilson.

Easter morning, Scott and Hill went to Tuscaloosa to see Gin-Gin and since Rett got the lovely gift of the flu from big brother, we partied it up in the house all weekend...including today- Easter Day.

That takes me to my day of firsts.

First Easter without my Dad. First Easter at home without extended family.
But also, first Easter with my two sweet babies...in our new house in our wonderful new neighborhood. First time to have Boody here to wake up with us and see what the Easter Bunny left!
As hard as it was to be at home today thinking of Easters passed...it was very humbling to not be caught up in getting ready for Church and lunch and egg hunts...my mind was on the events of that empty tomb. I got a text message from my friend, Jaime, today that said, "He has risen!!" I quickly thought about the women that found the empy tomb and were instructed to go and inform the disciples that "He is not here, but is risen..." (Luke 25:6). The delivery of the message has changed quiet a bit over the years...but the glorious words are still the reason for celebration....no matter where we are or who we are with...or without.

And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name. Romans 1:4-5

No comments: