Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Don't Panic!!

Yes, at first appearance, this does look like a tiny, bloody hand print. That is exactly what I thought it was when I saw it after Hill flew by me running into the bathroom to hurridly wash his hands.


It was a day like today that finally made me sit down and start a blog (yes, all my blogging friends, I too am giving in). I fully admit that I was really intimidated to start one because all my friends seem to be pro-bloggers. They have these beautiful pages with wonderful stories, yummy recipes, spiritual nourishment, and do a really good job of keeping them updated. I feel I have a high standard to live up to - PLEASE expect little and I hope that my posts will at least exceed your expectations.


In my devotional the other night, there was a quote from a Mom in reference to her family that said, "I want them to have the best of me, not what is left of me." Since reading that, I have tried my hardest to give the boys the best of me, not what is left of me after laundry, dishes, cleaning, taking care of Dad, etc. But, it seems as though the harder I try, the more the "best of me" is put to the test (mainly by a very talkative, and sometimes argumentative, two year old who now refers to me as "Varie", not "mommy" OR by my adorable 4 month old that refuses to be put down- who BOTH have an extreme case of Spring fever). I think about a conversation I had with Kathy about being careful to pray for patience, because as soon as you do you are seemingly put into many situations that try your patience level. Yea, no kidding. The above handprint was one of those moments. Thankfully, it wasn't blood...it was ketchup...and after tempting to clean it, it's still there.




Rett's shirt says it all. Does anybody still have that poem that I got in an email sometime last year about not getting upset about "fingerprints on the wall"? It went on to say some day you will look back at them with fondness and remember how little your children were. Hmmmm, if you have it, please resend it to me so it will give me a new outlook on this lovely handprint now decorating our merely 6 month old walls!?!?

Yup, days like today made me realize that there are a lot of moments in my world of living with 7 boys (although 4 are the cats, they are still male and act that way)that my friends would find funny. I know that a lot of times I search for "ketchup handprint on the wall" type stories to make my world feel a little more normal. I have 100% confidence I will make many of you feel a lot better!

4 comments:

the bennetts said...

You have set some high standards for me to follow! Looking forward to reading more about your precious boys. Great 1st post!

MaryMartha said...

YEAH! I'm so excited you've started blogging! I really missed your old website...hopefully we can keep up better with this :)
Here's a site I give to everyone who is new to blogging...although your blog looks great..you really don't need it!
http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/101/

lauren said...

yea!!!! i'm so glad you're blogging :) i love the header. so excited to be able to keep up with y'all and the boys. lots of love!
lauren

laurenbusbee said...

Yeah! I am so glad you have a blog now! And of course and extra super cute one!! I am going to love see more frequent pictures of Hill and Rett. Be sure to include a picture of your oldest son, Oliver:)

Love you guys!!
Lauren