Monday, November 24, 2008

Have a little faith in...Him

I love this song. It was the first dance of a best friend, Carrie, at her wedding. I used it on a video for my "little sister", Cindy's, wedding video. I love it...I never get tired of hearing it and I've heard it a lot because I have it downloaded on my car's hard drive.
A couple of weeks ago, on the forever long drive up the parkway to my house- I was having one of many daily conversations with God...just handing some things over to Him that were weighing on my heart and mind. Then, this song came on. And as many times as I've heard it in the past, it was the first time that I heard God speaking to me through it.
I heard it as if He was reminding me to have faith that He will handle all things that I give Him. When I played it for Scott and told him to view it in the same way, he was acutally impressed (he NEVER listens to lyrics) and said, "are you sure John Hiatt didn't mean for it to be written to sound like it is God speaking to us?" I don't think so, but you never know.
I especially love the last verse:
Well, Ive been loving you for such a long time girl
Expecting nothing in return
Just for you to have a little faith in me
You see time, time is our friend
cause for us there is no end
And all you gotta do is have a little faith in me
I said I will hold you up, I will hold you up
Your love gives me strength enough
So have a little faith in me

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love that song and love your perspective on it! I will listen to it in a whole new light. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! Love y'all!
Carrie